SEO = Search engine optimization. An everyday tool for all marketers, just like banner ads or viral campaigns. Working with SEO is practical and can give outstanding results. Surprisingly many traditional companies are poor at search engine optimization.
He has many years of experience in computer science, analytics and Google Analytics. David is the founder of the Roy App app and runs the Youtube channel DevTips.
01.24 Search engine optimization can be used as a strategy and technique, but it is not for everyone. Who Should Not Engage in Search Engine Optimization?
02.18 David usually divides SEO into three areas, the editorial, the technical and the getting links.
04.03 What do successful SEO projects have in common? 05.39 What does it cost to do a typical SEO project?
09.43 David makes an SEO example of Rebel and Bird's website.14.36 Who is buying the SEO service?
15.39 Tips for anyone who buys SEO skills.
16.20 Is it worth investing in an analytics tool?
18.10 What to avoid you decide to invest in a long-term SEO project? 20.43 When in the migration job should you hire an SEO expert?
21.19 Tips for the manager who wants to succeed with SEO.
23.10 SEO is not a hack you do in a week. Without it is a tactic you choose and work with long-term.
24.23 Should you stop buying Google ads and invest in SEO instead?
Cave your way into David's SEO tips below.
01.24 Search engine optimization can be used as a strategy and a technique, but it is not for everyone. Who should not engage in search engine optimization?
- If you are targeting companies, the volumes are not that great. There are a few key people you want to reach. Then it may be a little more challenging to calculate the amount of effort required. If you are a consumer or brand, then I would say that SEO is given. SEO may work for b2b, but then you need to clarify how to post it.
02.18 David usually divides SEO into three areas. The editorial - What do you write on the website?
What content do you have and how do you build the material? Technical - This is important for Google's Googlebot, which goes through all the websites. When it does, it must be able to understand what the site is about. Technical SEO is to mark up the content and structure it for Googlebot in the right way. Getting Links - The Pagerank algorithm, which is the basis for Google as a whole, assumes that one site links to another location. Then the first site goes well because the other site is excellent. Therefore, it is vital to get links from other websites.
04.03 What do successful SEO projects have in common?
- An understanding that it is a long-term job. There is a quick fix to pay for rankings through Google Ads. But there is another way, good SEO. SEO is much work in the beginning, but once you have done your SEO well, you get the traffic for free.
05.39 What does it cost to do a typical SEO project?
- I would say at least 40 hours. To get an SEO consultant to do an analysis. Then, based on the analysis, the work will come up with a strategy for the task.
09.43 David makes an SEO example of Rebel and Bird's website.
- If we say that Rebel and Bird would like to rank in searches related to digital transformation, then you have to do a little work. What comes to mind when searching for digital transformation? What are the results? What have they written? Why do people want to read it? Is it because they have a video? Is it because a Wikipedia article goes through in detail what it is? Why does Google think this is the link that should come first? Then you can start copying it a little and tweaking it and maybe start building your own page based on the top three links that appear.
14.36 Who is the buyer for the SEO service?
- It is the marketing manager or IT manager. It comes from different angles. It is so clear that the marketing manager has this editorial perspective. Who thinks that Adwords, or Google Ads as it is called now, has become quite expensive.
15.39 Tips for anyone who is going to buy in SEO skills.
- It is important to plan the SEO work when everyone has plenty of time. If you are e-commerce, you may not do the job just before Christmas.